Monday, May 26, 2008

Five Days to State Games....

The week prior to a competition is the most exhausting times of my life. I get so tired watching my daughter and the emotions that she goes through leading up to a competition. I will be so glad when this week is over. I got a call last night from my daughter's coach moving her lesson from 8am to 11am this morning. Then after I let her stay up til nearly 9pm because hey she didn't have to get up at 7am - I got another call saying that hockey has the ice at that time so we had to move her lesson to 7am which meant getting up at 6am on a holiday. Any other week and I'd have said lets just skip the lesson this time. But knowing she needed the practice we drug ourselves out of bed at 6am this morning and we were at the rink at 7am sharp. It could've been worse it could've been a school day and we could've been there at 6am. The program looked almost well enough this morning that I should be worried. You know it is bad luck for her to skate well right before a competition. She is still having some issues with the camel and fell on lutz so not a perfect day. And we got into an argument after her lesson because when she is ready to go home she purposefully skates as bad as she can so that I'll say lets go its better to stop than keep practicing poor habits. God give me the strength to get me through this week. And to not make her quit because of the stress that it puts on me. The afternoon practice ice sessions on Saturday went really quickly so she won't be able to skate on their ice beforehand. Which is also bad luck because where the zam end is changes from rink to rink and it can sometimes throw off her skating. Or any skater's skating for that matter. It also gives even more pressure to get as much practice as possible in this week.
We're not doing any competitions for a while after this week is over. She can finally get that split jump of hers looking like an actual split jump. And get ready to pass MIF. I hate MIF and watching lesson after lesson of moves. But I'll be so glad this competition is over I don't think I'll mind it.. for a few weeks anyway. Well if I don't go completely crazy in the next five days I'll let you know on Sunday how the competition Saturday goes. And if I still have it remotely together on Sunday my friend Kate invited Lexie and I over to go swimming. That should be fun. We could both use some down time.

No comments: