Sunday, July 20, 2008

Week 2

Well week 1 of camp was a bust. I won't complain about it - just say that I have high hopes that this week will go better. Lexie spent last week with the folks. I was lazy without her around this week. Honestly - didn't do too much missing her either. I enjoyed the alone time. I ran the other day for the first time in a week. I've been so sore I could hardly walk since. We went to see Wall-E last night. It was pretty good but I was expecting it to be better. The theater gave Lexie a Wall-E watch that looks like one of those little rubber arm bands that say stuff on them like PEACE or LOVE. Hers says WALLE on it and has a digital clock embedded in it. And we're about to go skating in a few minutes. Hopefully my leg muscles will work enough for me to be able to skate.

**UPDATE** Not only did my legs manage to skate for an hour and a half today. I ran 3 miles when I got home. Okay well I walked a little of it. But not bad overall. Something is better than nothing - Its the mantra I live by these days just case I haven't told you. I feel really good right now. Keep your fingers crossed that tomorrow goes well.

2 comments:

Squeeze said...

Hope camp turned out well and hope you recovered from your skating and running.

renecarol said...

Camp is going much better. Lexie is skating better now that she is on the ice more.
Also, Lexie's coach and I have come to some understandings about skating for the rest of the summer - mainly putting off testing and competing until summer is over and she has settled into a routine with the move, new school and everything.
Lexie's doing harness work on her axel and that's coming along nicely. Her old coach used to put her in the fishing pole for every new jump she learned (waltz, ballet, toe loop, everything). Her current coach has taught her everything from the wall, no fishing pole, no nothing until now. Lexie doesn't even remember what a fishing pole is. Which I guess is good maybe she is less intimidated by being in a full harness.