Sunday, July 6, 2008

First Day of Camp!

Well some of you know that aside from the weekends and a couple of days I took off from work Lexie has been away from me most of the summer so far. She has been at my parents. And I've been alone. I've made good use of the time - extra hours in the office getting stuff done. I did some housework at home. And I spent 1.5 - 2 hours working out most every day. I didn't lose any weight but I feel stronger. I was hoping I'd lose a few pounds. NSL. Anyway she is back home now. We've spent this weekend Ice Skating (I worked on my spins, turns and backward crossovers) - Lexie worked on all her single jumps, spins, and pre-pre moves, we went roller skating yesterday and hung out and watched cartoons and movies together.
And tomorrow she is going to camp. I'm having a 'my baby's growing up' moment. She has to be responsible for herself starting tomorrow. By putting on & taking off her own skates, wiping them down good and putting on soakers so they don't rust, and putting on guards before she puts her skates on. We've been practicing this weekend. I keep telling her nobody is going to do it for her at this camp. I'm just a tad bit worried. Hopefully someone will help her for a day or two at least until she adjusts. And at the same time, I hope someone tells her she is old enough to do that stuff for herself now. I don't know what I want. Except for tomorrow to go well so I can stop worrying.

No comments: