Friday, September 7, 2007

I Hate This Stupid Sport

Figure Skating -- I want to start this blog by saying how much I hate this stupid sport. And sometimes I just need to vent. There are aspects of it that I love. For four and half years I've tried to love this sport because my daughter loves it. But honestly I am sick, bored and tired of it. The glitter, the sequins, the scrunchies.. everything that makes this sport "pretty" I hate - I really, really do. Tomorrow is the last competition we are doing this season. I say "we" because I have boots to clean, tights to stone, a dress to touch up and make up bags to check. I'm ready for this season to be over. Its been a rough last few months.
I envision this blog as a place to talk about my favorite skater. And other skaters that we like and admire. To talk about issues with rinks and clubs. Whatever skating relating.
But tonight I just need the strength to make it through this weekend.

No comments: