Friday, September 28, 2007

A Few Videos

So I was looking through old video of my daughter skating. Like I said her first jump was a toe loop and I think this video was shot around the time she was learning to do a waltz jump. Still pretty good jumping for 5 years old. I was impatient even then:)

Okay so next this is a video of her practicing - I skated in Nutcracker on Ice as well so I couldn't actually video her skating it during the show or legitimate rehearsals. I did film her skating on public ice. Note the incredible disappearing toeloop at the end. She still has loads of trouble with combination jumps and what goes where to get into the second jump. The half-lutz/toe loop (which was a half lutz/bunny hop something the other here it turned out right in the actual show) was her first combination jump ever and her first attempts at it were for this show. And of course me still being impatient with her. Note marked improvement at 6;)


also at 6:



I'll try to find some videos from age 3 or 4... maybe for a future post.

No comments: