Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Getting into new blades

Its been a while since I posted and thought I'd give a skating update as we are gearing up for Sweeper Rehearsals this weekend. So two weeks ago I had my daughter's skates sharpened at the rink where she takes classes. And they cut off the bottom of her toepick which makes the blades just about useless. Can't control edges, can't glide straight either, problem with edge jumps (salchow, loop), etc. The rink is paying for replacing her blades which is really nice of them especially since these are a little nicer than stock blades. I didn't complain because I wanted them to pay for the blades. Despite complaining on my blog I really hate the idea of people seeing me as 'difficult' I just wanted the rink to know that person had messed up because I know he does sharpen other figure skater's blades. So again EVERYONE has been great. The blades were mounted overnight and all done. So she's back skating tomorrow without missing a beat.. well other than having had two lessons on messed up blades.

No comments: