Saturday, March 29, 2008

ugghhh

I was thinking about titling this 'week from hell.' If you've talked to me in the past few days you've probably had the misfortune of listening to me whine about how bad my life sucks. If you haven't consider yourself having been spared the details. Four days stuck at home without a car can do that to a person. Paying $1000 to get a car a fixed.. to get it not fixed.. and its still in the shop and I'm in a rental. At least I have something to drive. Today. But I get to worry about how much more it is going to cost me. And how much this financial set back is going to hit my daughter's skating. With the competition this weekend, and pre-pre moves testing and State Games in May. Skating is not due to slow down until summer. And I'm looking at being broke for the foreseeable future. Man, I am one whiny person. It would suck to be friends with me and have to listen to me whine all the time. I'm working on that. I really am.

Sitting at home since Tuesday, I had an epiphany about how I need to start treating other people the way I'd like to be treated. I'm not mean to people. But I don't exactly jump and down to do favors for people either. If someone wanted a ride somewhere I'd figure somebody else will help them out. Which is probably the wrong attitude to have.

Due to circumstances beyond my control Lex had four days off the ice. She had a fair lesson this morning still occasionally falling on the lutz and a few putting her hand down. After watching worlds fairly closely I think she should get credit for the lutz and no deduction for a hand down. It won't be pretty if I manage to get a video.. but I think it'll count the same as if it were pretty. And she's not wanting to practice on public sessions at all anymore. The fall-out she had last summer over Kate & Alex left her without friends to skate with. Skating with me isn't the same. And the older (or further advanced in skating) she gets the less patience she has for other people on the ice. Maybe skating on empty or nearly empty ice before God wakes up has spoiled her. I don't know. Maybe she gets the whining from me. I don't suppose I can expect her to get better until I do?

No comments: