Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Guess what? I'm an Aunt!!!! Again.

My sil gave birth to my nephew today. 7 pounds and something. I'm hoping to get some pictures up this weekend. I really can't go see him before then. I have to work and my daughter has school. And my car is still in the shop. I'm driving my mom's old car and it gets around but I'm not driving it anymore than I absolutely have to.
Anyway about my nephew, my sil was intending to name him Ronald Ethan. Most people in my family go by their middle names and another large percent go by initials so they weren't intending to call the baby Ronald but I still don't like it. My sil's dad died several years ago. His name was Ronald Bryan Matthews. Watch someone google him and tell my sil how much I hate her kids names. I don't. I just don't like Ronald. And Matt's first name is Joseph (after my dad) and Matt is short for Matthews. Bryan actually goes by his first name. So why does boy #3 have to be named after him too? So today while my wonderful and beautiful sister-in-law was busy giving birth. I was busy complaining about this horrible Hancock she was planning to stick on my poor nephew. My co-worker asked me what I like. If it was up to me to name him. I said my daughter's friend that died's brother's name is Lucas Carter which I really like a lot. I wouldn't mind a nephew named Carter. You know if it was up to me. I like Carter. I like "Lucas Carter" together. And then she asked me how Melanie died. There was somebody I missed telling. The words 'my daughter's friend that died' poured out my mouth without my being upset by the tragedy. And funny I can type this recollection without bursting into tears. But the sudden image that popped into my head of this tiny little girl with long blond hair being pulled and drug to death underneath a horse brought me to tears.

My nephew is "Nolan Spencer" I like it. I do. Much better than Ronald.

No comments: