Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Working Out

Still no baby to report on. And its about 6 weeks until state games. Lex will be doing the same program she did for the Classic for state games. She's only competing in Freestyle for this next competition. So I figured I'd do a post on my goals. You may or may not know that our rink is being overhauled (you can see fiberglass in my latest video). We are hoping they'll have the rink renovations done soon (summer or fall). So there should be a Nutcracker on Ice this year. 2007's Nutcracker on Ice was canceled because of the renovations. And Lexie's skated in every Nutcracker on Ice since she started skating in 2003. And I've skated in every one since 2005 (the year of Lexie's first solo). Anywho, I am really excited about the rink opening back up and getting to perform Nutcracker on Ice this year. Some people think Nutcracker on Ice may be a thing of the past because the seating won't be big enough after the renovations. I really hope not. On my agenda is to get back into taking skating lessons again this summer. Maybe I can learn to skate dutch waltz and cha cha over summer. But for the time being I've been getting in shape. Over the last month or two I've been running several times a week. I ran 25 minutes today... walked 10 minutes... and jumped rope 5. And two weeks ago I started lifting weights again. I had quit lifting because I wasn't doing it consistent enough to progress any and decided to spend my time running instead. For two whole weeks I've been making the time for both running and lifting weights. I get to feel every little fiber of muscle ache. In another month or so I should be able to stand some skating lessons without getting so tired I want to quit. Its a lot more tiring when you are working on something than just skating laps around the rink. Maybe by then I'll have had some time to recover from my recent financial setbacks.

No comments: