Thursday, June 12, 2008

Baby pictures...

The reason why I hadn't gotten around to sharing any baby pictures is because I wanted to give Lexie's winning State Games and the big hair cut some time to be center stage on the blog. But in honor of my other baby graduating high school this weekend I thought I'd share this one...And give some kudos to Matt. Of all my nieces and nephews I've always been closest to Matt. He is my favourite brother's oldest child after all. My brother and I were always close as kids and even after he moved out we still remained so. When Matt was born it was liking having my own baby. I babysat him every single weekend from when he was born until I went away to college. My brother and I used to negotiate days for whose turn it was to watch him on Friday or Saturday night and alternate which nights we got to out on dates. If I babysat on Saturday night for my brother and sil to go out then they watched him on Friday for me. For five years it was like the child had 3 parents. Of all my nieces and nephews I think he is the most like me. Maybe it is because we have the same Chinese zodiac if you believe in things like that. While not all the snake attributes apply (I'm certainly not rich or lucky with money) I do find that most fit me pretty well.

It really is a great feeling to have a little kid look up to and admire you:) Here's a secret that Matt doesn't know. When I graduated from high school I got a certificate for perfect attendance in High School. My brother and sister-in-law told him when he started kindergarten that if he had perfect attendance all through school that when he graduated he would get a certificate like the one that Aunt Renee got. (Note I got mine for high school 10-12th grades). Matt had perfect attendance from Kindergarten through twelfth grade. That's a LOT of days of school. And he isn't getting his certificate now because they said he missed a day in first grade:( I don't guess there is anyway to prove that he didn't... unless my brother and sil had kept all his report cards. Which I'm pretty sure they didn't. He was always so proud of his perfect attendance and never missed a day even if he was sick. I never had the heart to tell him that my certificate was only for high school. Anyway, great big kudos for perfect attendance and graduation.


****UPDATE 06/14/08*****
Matt got his plaque for K-12 perfect attendance today. It just took my brother having a little talk with the superintendent. As you can imagine we were all so proud of him.

And now for some more baby pictures....

No comments: