Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Some people are so lucky:-)

You've probably heard me say that it'd be cheaper to build a fake ice rink in my backyard with all the money we spend on going to the rink. It really would.

I got this email earlier today from my online friend Karean who lives on the other side of the country. She gave me the go-ahead to post her pictures to my blog. SHE finally did what I've been saying forever that I'm going to do SOMEDAY. I told Karean that I want one for Christmas. Which is just not even possible because I now live in an apartment complex and I don't have a backyard to put a rink anymore:( For the time being I love my apartment and don't plan to move anytime soon. But when I have a yard the first thing I'm getting is a big fake sheet of ice. And I'll teach my grandkids how to skate on it. Karean thought that was funny. My daughter tells me she doesn't intend to have children so I might just get my backyard rink before I get grandkids. I'll just teach my brother's grandkids how to skate on it. I act like his kids are mine anyway.


What I really need is to meet someone in Durham who is just like Karean - beautiful, smart, friendly - with an ice rink in her backyard. Then Lexie and I can come over everyday and make her sick, bored and tired of us skating on her fake ice all the time. How cool would that be.
:)

No comments: