Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Yardsale

We had a yard sale on Saturday at my apartment complex. Having moved from a pretty good size house to a tiny apartment I have way more stuff than room. So I was excited about having a yard sale and hoping to get my apartment uncluttered. It was about 60 degrees and windy on Saturday. I was up early to get set up and spent almost all day Saturday out in the cold and only sold 4 things. It was pitiful. My daughter made a friend in our complex and her, her dad, and sister sat up their stuff right next to us. So the kids got to play together so that was good for her. But I was pretty bored all day - and did I mention cold. On a side note, at one point her friend left to watch "The Suite Life" and my daughter started in on the whole but Julia gets to go to her apartment by herself. After I said "Julia is older than you wait no she's not she's just bigger" I had to explain that sometimes I don't agree with the choices other parents make about what they let their kids do. I can't control what they do but she's not wandering around the complex by herself.

At any rate, I got this junk email from a friend/co-worker today (you know the kind that people send to everybody). Her new neighbors that just moved in yesterday moved in because their old house burned down. And they were in need of baby stuff (stroller, crib, toys etc). My niece CJ got my daughter's crib when she was born. But I was otherwise able to give some stuff to help some people in real need. I guess the whole yard sale thing worked out the way it was meant to in the end.

No comments: